Omni Nano develops interactive educational materials and resources to introduce nanotechnology courses into existing science curricula. By updating STEM education, we can inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers.
Inspiring the Scientists and Engineers of Tomorrow
- 1-day hands-on workshops given to public and private schools, after-school programs and youth conferences
- Provides an eye-opening overview of the exciting, cutting-edge technologies of the 21st Century
- Offered 70+ workshops
- Inspired 2,200+ students
said the workshop helped them understand the potentials of nanotechnology
would now consider entering a STEM major in college
said now they have a better understanding of what a modern scientist/engineer does
"Most intriguing and most beneficial STEM presentation."
"Students see and feel the exponential impact nanotechnology is having in our world."
"Students gained an incredible amount of knowledge as well as enthusiasm for this nanotechnology."
"Interest definitely sparked after this new exposure."
"Students left the workshop more excited about engineering and the doors it can open in their future."
Classes are now in session!
- Multi-session introductory course plan
- Customizable length to fit any school session or extracurricular program
- Omni Nano instructors partner with educational institutions and youth programs
- Provides an in-depth exposure to the science behind nanotechnology with more opportunities for hands-on learning
Bridges to Nanotechnology
Bridges to Nanotechnology
- Materials tailored to the needs of today's science educators, including:
- syllabus, lecture notes, lecture presentations, videos, quizzes, and interactive demonstrations
- Students get hands-on laboratory experience, learning about nanotechnology in theory and in practice!
- Takes the guesswork out of needing to create tests, quizzes and activites as with a traditional textbook
- Aligned with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
Comprehensive Educational Resources
Lecture and testing materials developed with Blackboard's CourseSites.com
- Omni Nano aims to inspire the next generation STEM workforce
- Educational materials show real-world applications of nanotechnology, giving students valuable insight into the opportunities available to them
- We have strong relationships with industry leaders in California, such as:
- Cortex Composites
- QuinteQ Energy Storage
- Axium Nanofibers
- Finalist, 2014 & 2015 Patrick Soon-Shiong Innovation Awards
- Named an educational resource by the National Nanotechnology Coordination Office
- Supported by grants from industry leaders Edison International, Time Warner Cable and Northrup Grumman
- Represented Nanotechnology Education two years in a row at Annual NanoBCA Roundtable
National Nanotechnology Coordination Office
By Omni Nano